When considering getting your teeth whitened, you’re most likely going to question how long it’s going to take. There is no clear answer to this question. The length of time depends on the state of your teeth before the whitening process, the type of treatment you choose, and what has discolored your teeth in the first place. One method can take up to 60 minutes, while others take weeks. Let’s take a deeper dive.
Common Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Professional teeth whitening. This is the fastest and most efficient way to whiten your teeth. The simple procedure can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes and patients walk out with 2-3 shades lighter teeth than they came in with.
- Whitening strips are commonly used and people gravitate towards them. But these are not the best option for sensitive teeth. This method also comes with a commitment: you have to wear them 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
- UV lights paired with gel is extremely popular right now. The gel is usually peroxide-based and is supposed to be used alongside a blue UV light. The UV light is said to activate the peroxide and expedite the whitening process. If used every day, you can see results within 10-14 days.
- Whitening rinses can take the longest to show results. Try using the rinse for a few minutes every day.
- Whitening toothpaste contains enzymes that eliminate stains with a toothbrush. If you do this twice a day, results can range anywhere from two to six weeks.
Whitening Options at Panorama Dental
Panorama Dental offers in-office and take-home whitening options. The in-office option takes just one visit. The take-home option is used once a day for 45 minutes for 2-5 weeks.
Patients can also enroll in our Bright Rewards program, available for a one-time enrollment fee of $99. Those who choose to enroll will be fitted for a bleaching tray and receive two tubes of whitening gel. Patients take home the trays and wear them daily. If you continue to come in for regular cleanings, we will send you home with more whitening gel. If you’re looking for more information about our Bright Rewards Program and our in-office treatments, check out our whitening page.
Start Whitening Your Smile Today
If you’re thinking about whitening your teeth professionally, we are currently accepting new patients! Schedule your appointment online today for a consultation. We can help you decide which is the best option for you.